Sunday, January 20, 2008

Saving Money

Ok I know it's not a new thing to hear that times are tough and the cost of living is rising. But it's true and it's hard to get by on what your were getting by on a year or two ago. Sad but so so true!

I for one get so irritated by the rising prices of basics. We are a family of 5 and go through alot of milk,eggs,and bread.

After hearing the responses of many wonderful women,I am determined to get a handle on the expenses around here. Get the utilities down as much as I can possibly get them down. Don't waste anything,use leftovers up,shop at home first,use up all of that last little bit of something,reuse containers if at all possible.

I am going to start doing the bulk of my meat shopping at Kroger when they have good sales on them as well as some of our fresh vegetables and fruits. I do alot of shopping at Aldi's now and get alot of our fruits and vegetables from there and have no complaints and will continue to do so. I know that I can get a wider variety at Kroger and when I can get them for a great price I will do it. I'm going to start doing some investment cooking on such meal starters,such as marinated chicken,meatloaf,meatballs,ect. I will stretch our meat portions and use less per recipe. This Spring we will plant another vegetable garden and strawberry patch. We will pick as many black berries as humanly possible if the neighbors down the road don't get to them first. On warmer,sunny,breezy days I will hang our laundry out to dry instead of using the dryer. I am running our dishwasher once a day and after 11 right before I go to bed. I don't use the dryer there either. All in all I know this will help or at least I hope it will. LOL

If you have any tips or tricks for stretching the family budget that you would like to share post a comment with your money saving tips and tricks. I know that I would love to get as many as I can and use as many as I can and I'm sure I'm not the only one!!! : )

God Bless,
Tammy

0 comments: