Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Crockpot Chicken and Potatoes

Crockpot chicken and potatoes
Tammy Channel

4 - 6 cups chicken,cut up ( I like to cut mine in bit size pieces.)
6 to 8 medium potatoes,cut up with skin left on.
8 C. water
4 tsp chicken bouillon granules
White sauce (recipe below)
1/2 C parmesan cheese
4 tbs ranch dressing ( I buy the dry mix in bulk at Sam's )

Add the potatoes and chicken to your crockpot add seasoning and sprinkle over top.

Add water to white sauce and stir. Add slowly so you don't splash yourself to the potato and chicken in the crockpot. Stir it and add your lid. Turn on low and let it cook for about 6 to 8 hours.

Make a nice salad and enjoy!


White sauce
8 tbs butter
8 tbs flour
2 tps chicken bouillon granules
4 C milk
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs ranch dressing ( I buy the dry mix in bulk at Sam's)

In saucepan melt butter and add flour,with wire whisk stir continuously until complete mix and smooth. Continue stirring for a few minutes just to let the flour taste to cook out of it. DO NOT STOP STIRRING IT. Add your milk all at once and stir until smooth and until it thickens. Add your seasonings and cook a few minutes more.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I can't wait to try this recipe... YUMMY!!!
Have a great week,
Lisa in TN

www.homeschoolblogger.com/loving2learn

Anonymous said...

I actually put this together tonight for dinner. I changed it a little and instead of adding the ranch, what I did was: I cooked the chicken in Sun Dried Tomato dressing, then saved the dressing and added it to the white sauce. I added a little extra milk, and the sauce tastes awesome. I can not wait until dinner tonight. Thanks for the idea.

Heather, WI (homeschoolingmother of 10)