Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Gardening!!

I love gardening! Plain and simple I just love it. I love getting my hands in the dirt and working with the plants. It's like working side by side,hand over hand with God. It's great and relaxing.
Can you tell I really do love it? LOL

The bird chirping yesterday got me just a itchen to get into the garden again. But as I have posted before I have had alot of problems with the wild life and I do mean alot of problems. So much so that I was not even going to attempt another garden this year. Until my friend Lisa over at NewHarvestHomestead told me about her raised beds and was nice enough to share pictures. I do believe that could work for us I thought. So that's the plan this year Raised Beds!

We are going to take chicken wire and place on the bottoms of the beds to avoid the diggers we had to contend with last season. Then we are going to use piping or tubing and more wire to make barriers that they can't get through. Alll in all I think I'm going to have about 8 or 9 raised beds for vegetables and fruits only.

Tomatoes
Corn
red potatoes
green beans
peppers
cabbage
cucumbers
strawberries
lettuce

I want to also grow canteloupe and watermelon as we have done in the past with success (until the ground hogs took them or ate the stems and killed them) but I'm not sure I'll have the room this year but I know I can always add more beds if need be. I'm just going to play it by ear this year and see how it goes. I can't wait to get started!!!!

0 comments: