Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The unexpected

I called my parents to talk about the time of the meal on Thursday. My dad after we finished talking told me that my brother,his girlfriend and their child will be joining us. I was a bit set back by this.

A bit of history. My brother and I have been on odds for about a year. We don't talk and never see one another. When his girlfriend had their child he called me to tell me. I said my congratulations but then asked him about his other son that is living with my parents. He has completely abandoned this boy of whom I love dearly. He was upset that I asked him about it and told my mom that he didn't want anything to do with me or me with his other son because I made him made. FOR WHAT! I merely asked him something that he was avoiding that's what.

I have yet to see this child he has with this girl,he was born over the summer. I have not met this girl yet. I'm the only one in our family that has not met her and the baby. Yes you bet I'm hurt. I have been praying for the Lord to help me through this. If they show up here for the Thanksgiving that my hurt and bitter feelings toward this whole ordeal doesn't spill over and ruin the holiday for my children.

I'm trying to be the lady in this situation and be above the situation,it's just not easy with all that has gone on. Who knows maybe this is the Lords way of mending our relationship.

Let the Lord lead!

God Bless

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tammy, reading your post this morning made me empathize with you as I have a similar situation with my brother. We haven't spoken to each other at all in over 2 years and at one point in time we're close or so I thought. I'm not sure why but he has choosen to lie about me, put me down (behind my back)and for no reason I can come up with...jealousy maybe I haven't a clue but now I'm the bad one in the whole situation because I cant seem to forgive and forget?...however he's never apologized to me or showed any feelings at all towards it all. I keep God in my heart and just live day by day the best way I can and keep trying to be the best person I can be. Please know that I will pray everything goes well for you all and that God gives you the strenght you need to deal with the situation. May God Bless you and your family during the Thanksgiving and Always, Take care, Linda