Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I am determined

I am determined to get our gas,water and electricity as low as I can. I'm going to see if I can do it. I turn the heat down during the day,up for a bit a little in the evening,back down when we go to bed and up a bit in the mornings,I use only florescent bulbs, I have and he front load washer and a drier with dry sensor that shuts off when the clothes are dry so it's not running when it's not needed, I have a low flow shower head and I only run the dishwasher at night before bed, I am unplugging the things that continually use electricity even when not in use,like the computer,and modem,microwave,our lcd tv,ect. Lights are turned off unless your returning to that room right away. We have all new windows in our house and most of our rooms are well insulated and what is not is on our list. I want to insulate the floors next as well and the water pipes that are exposed in the basements as it get really cold down there.

Any more tips would be great!!!!

0 comments: