Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Conversation with my 16 year old

My oldest son Jason came to me the other day after reading my testimony that I put on here a few days ago. He asked me, "do you think you would be the same if those things never happened to you when you were little" I had never sat down and thought about that before so I gave him a quick response " I don't know but I would like to think I would be better,not to have those things there" He answered me back saying " I don't think you would be the same" I replied "why?" He said "They molded you into what you have become today"

I don't know if I agree with that statement or not. Sure what happened to me has effect my views and my actions to some degree. But I believe that Jesus has brought me to where I am. Now whether or not I'm to use my testimony to help others that's in his hands. I shared it in the case that there was someone out there going through a similar situation and feels there's no hope,there is.

I suppose one could say that because of what happened to me at such an early age,broke me and that allowed Jesus to come in and repair my broken mind,body,soal and make it whole again. So I guess if you look at it that way then yes what happened to me as a child has indeed with the help of Jesus made me into what I am today.

Sometimes my children really surprise me with how smart and how grown up they really are.

God Bless,
Tammy

0 comments: