Friday, June 5, 2009

I have been doing GREAT!

One of my goals for saving money and living frugally was to get a cap on our grocery bill. I was spending from 170.00 to 215.00 a week on groceries for our household. Now this did include household items and pet supplies but still it was much much to high and it was my goal to get it down.

So I thought I'll go a little at a time. I thought I'll get it to 150.00 a week, this was the budget that I was planning on anyway and I was over this each week. So I thought this was a good place to start. I had no plans to go any lower as I thought this was a good limit for my family of 5,2 dogs and a cat. Thinking that was fair and that I could swing this easily.

Well now lets fast forward a month and a half and I'm proud to tell ya'll that I have met that goal. As a matter of fact I met that goal and well I thought why not keep going. I wanted to see how low I could get that grocery budget without going to tight. Now I am going to tell you I am far from perfect with this and I'm still getting the hang of all this but I'm really doing well.

I have surprised myself with how well I am doing. For the past 3 weeks I have spent less than 100.00 dollars for all that we need here. Now given that I am well stocked here at home. I buy things when they are the lowest I can get them for and if I have coupons to go with that oh so sweet deal that makes that deal even sweeter!!!!

Stocking up this way,we have stocked up on meat for our deep freeze,can foods,boxed foods,dish detergents,shampoos,deodorants,mouth wash,toothpaste,soap,ect. You get the picture! I find that stocking up this way is saving us hundreds of dollars.

Why didn't I get the hang of this a long time ago! All the money we could have saved!!!! Well no sense in crying over spilt milk,just pick up and move on with my new sense of empowerment as I stock my shelves with rock bottom sale items! Just the thought of it makes me happy and want to jump for joy (if I could actually jump ).

I'll close this for now with thoughts of rock bottom line sale prices dancing in my head!!!! Oh how I love saving money.

God Bless,
Tammy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! My grocery bill is sky high too and I keep meaning to take a look at it and see how I can cut it down.