Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Cool Wednesday

Wow what a difference a day makes. We were having hot humid days and sticky nights and then yesterday we finally got some much needed rain and it cooled things down. It's a welcomed change this morning I just may get some baking done.

Well we now have one done with football for the year and the other will be finishing up this week. Our little one cheers her last game this Sunday afternoon and then it's just practices for competition. I love that my children are all active people but it's nice to have a slower pace for a bit.

I have a lot to do today. Tons of laundry. I went into the boys' rooms this morning and gathered up an arm full of clothes for each room to wash. I don't think I'll be able to hang them out to dry b/c it looks like rain again. But we will see.

I have to go in on the 30th to have all of my wisdom teeth taken out. I'm not looking forward to this at all but I have been avoiding it for far to long and well now I can't any longer.

I have been doing alot of thinking lately about saving money and I have come up with a new goal for us. We are aiming to have money in the bank and retirement and all debt paid off with in 2 to 3 years. My goal to help my husband achieve this is to be as frugal as I can be and not be wasteful with his pay. I do pretty good now but I'm going to really buckle down and do even better.

I am planning on...
1.only eating out on a monthly basis or on a special accassion
2.cooking more and more from scratch
3. baking more and more of our bread
4. use up what we have before buying more
5.get the utilities down as low as I can
6.think of new ways to reuse things
7.make many of my cleaners
8.don't make senseless trips
9. get the grocery budget down to where I want it.


I know I can do this some of it's going to take some time to see the fruits of my (our) labor(s),but it will be all worth.

God Bless,
Tammy

0 comments: