Monday, November 5, 2007

Grocery Budgets!

If you have been reading my blog then you know that I have been trying to get our grocery budget down. This is much harder than I thought it would be. There is 150.00 a week for food and nonfood items for a family of 5. Since I have started this venture all three,yes I said three, of my lovely children are hording of a growth spurt. Any mother knows that when a child is gearing up to sprout up a bit they eat and eat and eat,seamingly nonstop. I am stuggling to keep the budget at 150.00 a week right now even with shopping for deal and using coupons where and when I can. I feel like I'm failing but I'm doing all that I can. Making a list,shopping the sales,using coupons,buying loss leader 99% of the time,shopping at Aldi's or Sav A Lot,using up leftovers (here's the kicker on this one,right now there's no leftovers). It's just harder than I thought it would be to do this. We are going to about 4 gallon of milk a week and that's not drinking whenever we choose,we drink filtered water between meals and make ice tea from filtered water (low sugar) for dinner time. We go through 3 to 5 loaves of bread a week. My boys alone ages 15 (in 23 days) and 12 can eat a whole loaf and a half in one sitting. They don't waste their food either they just are eating alot right now. They are both active children and no overweights. I'm just stressed and wish I had this all down and could get our grocery budget down,I'm aiming for 100.00 a week for right now but that even looks a million miles away from where I'm sitting.

0 comments: