Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday

It's really chilly out,we have been spitting snow for a few days now. I am not a fan of cold weather even though I live in the North East.

Well last night was suppose to be the last practice for the girls before competition on Saturday. But they really needed at least one more practice so we are all meeting up again tonight for practice. They all worked really hard last night and by the end of the practice really got their routine down,TTL! So tonight should be just running through the whole thing with music and stuff. I just can't wait to get this years season behind us.

I have some laundry to do but it's so chilly downstairs I just can't seem to get myself to go down there. OY! I wish my laundry room was heated!!!!

I have been a bit stressed about my oldest boy. You know how teenagers can be. I know he's just trying to find himself or whatever they call it but he's drivng me nuts. He's talking to some people that I don't care for much on myspace. I do monitor him closely so that's not the issue. These people are to dark and dreary for him to be talking to on a daily basis. Now he's talking about being emo (a highly emotional person) and he's not that way but he's making himself feel that way b/c these kids he's talking to are. It's not ok with me but I'm not sure how to handle this. I could shut down his myspace but honestly the boy is a good kid. He doesn't do much and has never really given us any problems. He plays football and goes out with his buddy's from time to time. He doesn't disrespect me until he started talking to these kids. He's more likely to get snotty or snippy with me and I don't like it. When I try to talk to him about all this he doesn't want to listen to me or tells me I'm wrong. I tried to get him to write down 10 things that he loves or that he's thankful for and he refused to do it. I don't get it. But I know it's a phase and will pass I just hope soon and I wish I could boot these girls out of his life I just don't know how to as of yet.

1 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi - I saw your blog address through Waste Nothing yahoogroup. What a nice blog you have! I, too, have teens and "feel your pain." While they can bring so much joy at times, there are other times where I have to wonder if a vacuum sucked their brains out. Hang in there - they go through a LOT of phases in the process of figuring out who they want to be when they grow up. I'm still hopeful mine WILL grow up! LOL
Blessings,
Cheryl