Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Today and this weekend

It's not going to be as warm as it has been the last couple of days. Only in the 50's,but I must say that although it's been warmer it's been very very windy. We had some rain yesterday and the day before but nothing much.

I didn't get much sleep last night,our Siberian Husky,Keeshum, kept acting up most of the night. She woke me up around 1 am and I tried to ignore her thinking she would stop once she realized I wouldn't come out to check on her. But she didn't and at around 1:40 am I pulled myself up out of bed,slipped on my shoes and a jacket,grabbed a flash light and went out to see what the fuss was all about. Nothing that I could see or tell,I did fill up her water bucket again but all else looked fine. I cam back in and got back in bed,I was almost asleep and she started again. She did this on and off all night. I have no idea why. She gets spooked sometimes and kind of freaks out. She was badly abused by her previous owners,and the humane society rescued her. Then we came along and adopted her,we have had her for almost 2 years and she's come a long way from where she was when we first brought her home. But there are times she just freaks out for not apparent reason. I usually have to calm her down or my dog Princess (the dominant one) puts her down and that calms her. Once she's calm Princess lets her up and she's fine after that. It's really strange.

I have an appointment with my dentist this afternoon,just for a routine checkup and cleaning. J is lifting at the school after school so I will have to run and pick him up. He started dating this young lady that he use to "date" a year ago. I say "date" because our definition of what we allow our children to do with the opposite sex at that age is not really dating. It's more phone tag. I'm not sure how I feel about this young lady,it's not really her more her family. I don't really want my son around those kind of people. No I'm not trying to sound like a snob,they are nothing like us,in faith,convictions,everything. But as well know,we can guide them and help them but they choose for themselves. I'm just praying that he doesn't get hurt. They can't go out together unless with us,they talk on the phone so that's the gist of the relationship. Oh boy my baby boy is growing up way to fast.

This weekend we are going to work on the garden. I need to get the potatoes in soon if we want a harvest from them this year. We have to fix the fense and set it up to avoid the critters again. Then I can get to planting. At least start. : )

Well I'm out of time,lots to do and only a short time to do it. So I best get to cracken.

God Bless,
Tammy

0 comments: