Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday

Good morning ya'll. I went out and sat on our deck this morning and had part of a cup of coffee. I wore a jacket out there because I knew it was going to be chilly. Turns out it was a bit to chilly for me to stay out there as long as I wanted to. We are heading into the normal West Virginia weather,warm days and cold nights. It will go from the 50's during the day to the 30's at night. So it makes the mornings pretty chilly.

There are signs of Spring all around us. The Easter Lillies are starting to show,I love how they look so lovely and such a nice sight from the dormant look of winter. I have been thinking about doing more landscaping around here as time and money allow. I think I may plant some Easter Lily bulbs next fall. Then we will have those lovely flowers come next Easter Lord willing.

I am also going to do container gardening mostly on our deck this year. The large garden that I love is just to much for me now. With the back surgery not long ago and have degeneration in my lower back I just can't keep up with it now. The boys help a lot and Little C loves to help momma to but they get so busy with sports that I end up doing most of the work alone and I just can't do it now. So container gardening is my answer. Easy to keep up. I'm thinking about getting a couple of those upside down containers that are for tomatoes and use one for tomatoes and one for cucumbers. If it works like I'm hoping it will, it should make dealing with the cucumbers so much easier. On top of tomatoes and cucumbers I want to plant,banana peppers,green beans,leaf lettuce, and few more that I have totally forgotten what they are. LOL My hope is to get enough gardening this way to can a few things,I'm not sure if I will or not but at least I will not be fighting all the wild life from around here like I have when planting the big plot.

We have a birthday party to go to this evening. One of the boys from our church is having a birthday and everyone is invited to attend. The boys are friends with this boy and his brother so we are going to go. It should be fun.

I've been asked to help with our youngest youth group that we call GUPPIES ages 3 - 11 on youth group night. I'm looking forward to working with the children,I love that age,they are so eager to learn about Jesus and just doing those fun little things that the older ones don't or have out grown.

Well I am just about out of time here so I'm going to close this for now.

God Bless,
Tammy

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss the change of seasons back east so much! It is so beautiful, isn't it? We just don't get that out here on the west coast.

I have toyed with the idea of container gardening. We don't own our own home, we rent, so a real garden is out of the question. We do have a porch downstairs and a balcony type porch upstairs that would be perfect for container gardening. You will have to show pics of your container garden once you get it going!