Thursday, May 28, 2009

Summer School

To keep my 6 year old daughter on track and to keep her from losing some of what she had learned while school was in session. I will be doing some light schooling for her over the summer.

Things on my list to work with her is......

Reading
Addition
Subtraction
some spelling
Counting money
Telling time


It's not going to be sit down work for a few hours schooling it will be more fun. I'll make games of the learning so it's not so daunting on her and on me.

I have puzzles set for the mathematics

A computer game for the money and telling time. I will also be working with her on this one on one

Spelling we make it fun by making mock spelling bees

With any luck I can avoid the reteach part of the first month of school.

She will be taking her placement test for our christian school the first of August,this should also help her place where she's should be rather than behind.

God Bless,
Tammy

2 comments:

Farming On Faith said...

Have a great summer!
You have a wonderful day!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

If she likes to color, you should print off some color by numbers for the addition and subtraction. I loved those things when I was a kid!