Thursday, July 9, 2009

Witnessing to others

Witnessing to others was the topic for last nights youth group,the older group called Fish ,First I Seek Him, I had the opportunity to share my personal testimony and we talked about being a witness for the Lord.

We all know that Jesus tells us to be a witness,but how do we do that. Many times we hear to be a witness but have no idea how to go about it. So what do we do to witness for Jesus Christ?

It's really rather simple,you don't need any fancy words or even a ton of scripture. Sometimes the best witness is your story. Yes that's right your story. What has Jesus done for you in your life. My personal testimony is my way of witnessing to others. What Jesus has done for me is beyond words but I finally told my story last night. I hope to have touched someone or even spoke to someone of the power of Jesus and what he can do in your life to if you only let him.

It doesn't have to be something as big as what I talked about but if you share your personal story or testimony with other of what Jesus has and/or is doing for you in your life then my friend you are being a witness to others.

And sometimes we don't have to say a word,but our actions and the way we conduct ourselves is a way of being a witness. There are way to many people out there that say they are a Christian but don't live their lives as a Christian,so in other words they talk the talk but they don't walk the walk. So when non Christians see them that is how they judge all Christians. Yes sad but oh so true. So when someone comes along and daily lives what they talk about and truly shows the world they are a Christian this speaks volumes to them. The sad thing is if you think about all the people that could have been saved if only they had a true Christian to witness to them. It breaks my heart to think about it.

Please don't let the next time the opportunity arises to witness to someone pass you by!

God Bless,

0 comments: