Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I got this in an email today

and thought it was worth sharing. It's such a pretty poem.

I may never see tomorrow there's no written guarantee,
and things that happened yesterday belong to history,
I cannot predict the future,
I cannot change the past,
I have just the present moment,
I must treat it as my last,
I must use the moment wisely,
For it soon will pass away,
And be lost to me forever,
As part of yesterday,
I must exercise compassion,
Help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend to the friendless,
Make an empty life complete,
The unkind things I do today,
May never be undone,
Any friendships that I fail to win,
May nevermore be won,
I may not have another chance,
On bended knee I pray,
And I thank God with humble heart,
For giving me the day.

I didn't state who it was by but I thought it was very pretty. And true.

0 comments: