Thursday, January 29, 2009

Still Recovering

I'm still recovering from spinal surgery I had Friday. I am no longer in the pain I was in my left leg and foot are no longer going numb or tingling. THANK THE LORD!

I have to be very very careful for the first couple of weeks because I can re injure myself very easily. I can't lift anything heavier than a gallon of milk soooo that leaves out alot of stuff. I can't reach or bend to much as to injure myself again right now. Then I have to be careful from then on to up to 6 months. It's going to be a long road but God will see me through it.

I will have physical therapy in a month or so then I'm on the road to being 100% again.

Oh I have to tell you my testimony of what happened on the operating table......

The surgeon cut into the area he was going to operate on and the disc came out on it's own and the nerve that was completely flat became round and smooth again all on it's own. When he spoke with my family he told them it was miraculous and that he has never seen this happen before. When he told me I told him that was the hand of God. I feel so blessed to have a saviour love me that much that he would take the time to help me in this way. Maybe this was something that the surgeon needed to see before his very eyes as well,who knows but he was amazed with it.

I am listening to the instructions of the doctor and will continue to do so. I know I am healed and I will remain that way but the Lord gave us common sense and expects us to use it. And that I will.

I am going to close this for now.

God Bless,
Tammy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy everything went well for you. We will keep you in our prayers for a smooth speedy complete recovery. Get lots of rest and let God do his work...Take care Tammy, ((Hugs)) Linda and family xo

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! What a testimony! I am praying for a safe recovery and a 100% successful surgery. Take it easy and rest up.

Tammy said...

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. God is so good to us!

God Bless,
Tammy