Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I stocked up a bit this week

When John and I went shopping this week I took advantage of the sales at Kroger and stocked up on some meat items and can items. All in all I was only $10.00 over our budget of 150.00 a week for groceries. I was pleased. I saved almost 61.00 in coupon and Kroger savings. I'm really getting into this whole coupon thing. LOL I love watching the amount fall and owing so much less when I have to pay.

So now my pantry is nice and stocked with lots of veggies and can foods. The freezer is getting there too. Just the way I like it. A few more good sales and it should be well stocked as well.

Do you use coupons to help cut cost? Do you do pretty well?

One thing I noticed lately is that in our area there are now more coupons in the Sunday's paper than there normally is. I even noticed a new coupon provider in there this past Sunday. I hope this is a regular thing. That on top of getting coupons loaded to my Kroger card from
http://pgesaver.com and www.shortcuts.com I am able to stack my coupons to get the most off my grocery total.

If you are not a coupon user I urge you to give it a try. Start small and slow and soon you will get the handle on it and you'll be surprised of how much you can really save if you are a careful shopper.

God Bless,
Tammy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to see the price just drop as you use your store card and coupons? I am such a nerd when it comes to saving money shopping, I always get excited when I beat my highest savings.

Tammy said...

I love it. It's kind of like a game now, I love to see just how much money I can save while still buying what we need and yet spending as little as I can. I'm still learning but I've come a long way from where I started. LOL

From a fellow nerd,LOL
Tammy